Friday, August 26, 2011
Solstice Scents Autumn Collection Update & Additional Info
The Autumn Collection 2011 will be live tonight 8/26 at 8 p.m. EST at SolsticeScents.com
Some important updates and info regarding the collection and shipping, to make your shopping experience a smooth one:
1. For those looking for Fright Night products, we have changed the name to Halloween Night.
2. I realized we had the whipped soaps on our blog showing as $10.00. This price is incorrect and they are actually $9.00
3. IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION: If you are presented with a First Class AND Priority shipping option at checkout and you actually want your order shipped via Priority and not the less expensive First Class option, please put "SHIP PRIORITY" in the comments box at checkout on our site. We will always ship the least expensive way and refund overages over $1.50. The reason you have to put that you want the Priority shipping is because there have been so many folks that have made shipping mistakes in the shopping cart when checking out .
The most common mistake is when you have several items in your cart and the 2 shipping options are regular priority and flat rate priority. Both will arrive at the same time but the regular Priority may be less expensive, yet the order comes in with the more expensive flat rate option selected. This is usually an oversight but it can happen when you go offsite to log into your PayPal account and then are redirected to our site to complete the order where the shipping has defaulted to the flat rate option and you go ahead and checkout. So remember to verify your shipping option is correct when you land back on the cart page on our site, just in case it changed from what you wanted. Please take a gander at our Shipping Policies on the Terms & Conditions page if you are a new customer to the shop.
4. The bath soak named Crumbling Crypt is actually a revamped version of Crypt of the Wizard (never released but listed on our Master Scent Reference). It is VERY dark and earthy. Heavy on the patchouli, woods and spruce notes. It smells like taking a bath in the middle of a dense forest. It is not a light, crisp, ozonic and fresh scent but one far more sinister. So for those of you who have been curious about Crypt of the Wizard, this is the scent that ended up coming together in its favor.
5. The Home Fragrance Oils will be listed in their own category and NOT in the Autumn Collection section. The HFO offerings will rotate with various fragrances and the scents offered are perfect for fall, but not exclusively offered only for this collection. Full details and tips for use are listed just below each scent description. Please read these before burning for best results.
6. Remember, free domestic Priority shipping on product orders totaling over $125.00. No Coupon code necessary as the cart will automatically calculate the free shipping.
7. If you are a NEW customer placing your VERY FIRST order with us ever, please remember to put "NEW" in the comments box at checkout (on our website and not on PayPal as we don't read comments there). This will entitle you to an extra perfume sample on top of the one you may select at checkout from the dropdown menu. You may denote your scent preference and if we have that one available, we'll be happy to oblige.
8. All 9 Autumn Collection fragrances will be listed on the Free Sample dropdown menu at checkout if you would prefer to try one of them with your order.
9. Did you know Solstice Scents offers REWARD POINTS? You must be a registered customer to accrue points. If you are a new customer, please go ahead and create your account BEFORE placing your order. Points will not accrue if you checkout without an account and they will also not accrue if you click the option at checkout to create an account based off of the shipping and billing info you provide at checkout! Each dollar you spend is equal to 1 point. After you have reached 200 points you will be able to cash in for a $20.00 gift card for any Solstice Scents products. This amounts to a 10% benefit just for shopping our already afford ably priced items, including sale items, 10% off orders to shipping to APO addresses AND free domestic shipping over $125! It's our way of saying "Thank you" for your repeat business. If you plan on doing holiday ordering with us, that is a great way to rack up the points so make sure to create your account!
10. We WILL restock items that sell out, so don't panic that if something does sell out, all hope is lost. We will have the Autumn items available until sometime in October so there is plenty of time to snap up missed or additional items. We focus on shipping out all orders placed within the next few days, regroup and then begin making additional product that is low or sold out. This does take a little time but we will do it ASAP!
11. We will begin packaging your orders on this Sunday and Monday and ship out as many orders as possible on Monday. Most of you know how quickly we work to ship out orders and we do work extra hard to ship out packages from a release before resuming our normal Monday, Wednesday and Friday only shipping schedules.
Follow Solstice Scents on Twitter! @Solstice_Scents
Solstice Scents Facebook for the latest updates on Deal of the Day (DotD), Sales, Product Info, Restocks and more!